Thursday, April 23, 2009

TV- American Idol 4/21/09 & 4/22/09

4/21 and 4/22, yo-up!

I'm a big AI fan. Love it, love it. This week's shows were fun to watch. Disco week. I'm not a huge fan of disco so I was challenging the contestants to entertain me! I correctly predicted that Anoop and Lil were going home this week, due to the double elimination because of Matt Giraud's save last week. I think it was the right choice. Lil has picked boring songs week after week and failed to have interesting, unique and entertaining performances. Anoop has a nice voice and has been able to selectively choose songs that fit him and make interesting arrangements of them, but not consistently. His vocal performances are also not consistent and he is not as talented at picking songs and arranging them in a way that are unique and entertaining as the rest of the contestants. It was his time to go. Loved watching the top 7 dancing to Paula's disco moves, that was fun. Was bored with the disco medley with the past-their-prime artists. Loved David Archuletta. Great voice, very talented, can't wait to see what he does throughout his career. I am so pleased with the remaining top 5. I think this is the first time in my history of watching the show that at this stage I thought it was the right top 5 people to still be in it. It seems like usually someone has gone home too early....so maybe 'the save' fixed that this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment