Thursday, April 30, 2009

Magazine- LifeExtension

May 2009 issue Rating: yo-up!

I LOVE my subscription to LifeExtension. I started my subscription last fall and love the chock full pages of health and nutrition information. It tells you what vitamins and supplements are good for preventing and helping to treat certain health ailments and diseases. Granted a lot of it is still over my head, but one day I'm hoping it all sinks in and I will be able to integrate the knowledge and really benefit from it.

From the magazine
Example of learning: Vitamin C intake should be at least 10x higher than RDA. Vitamin C intake is necessary because the human body cannot synthesize it. Although the current RDA is 90 mg/day for men and 75 mg/day for women, authorities disagree about the optimal intake....Unfortunately modern farming and food storage techniques have decreased the micronutrient content of foods, making it difficult to obtain enough vitamin C from diet alone. The authors concluded that healthy persons should take at least 1000 mg/day supplemental vitamin C, along with five servings of fruits and vegetables, to prevent disease. (Laura J. Ninger)

No comments:

Post a Comment