Saturday, April 25, 2009

CD: David Cook- self titled album, David Cook

Purchased American Idol's 2008 Season 7 winner's self titled album, close to it's release date of November 18, 2008

Have listened to it several times and listened to the whole thing again today during a run. Really like his voice, his rock edge, and love the song lyrics. I really like most all of the songs, particularly 'Declaration', 'Light On', 'Come Back to Me', 'Life on the Moon', 'I Did It for You', and 'A Daily Anthem'. Really is a great CD. Enjoyed his recent alumni performance on the AI show too of 'Come Back to Me'. After the CD was over on the ipod, my husband had another David Cook song listed under his name as an artist. It was his version of 'Hello' originally done by Lionel Richie. Hadn't heard it since he originally performed it on the show. It was my favorite of his performances and loved hearing again for the first time since then. It should have gone on the CD.

Was thinking about what my daily anthem is as I listened to the chorus of his song. It became today's exercise theme song...and my anthem is for me to get outside and breathe in some fresh air, have a daily dose of sunshine and with gratitude exercise the body that will hopefully carry me for many more years of life....

From the song, 'A Daily Anthem':

It’s a daily anthem
Would you sing my song at the top of your lungs
And we’ll all sing along, we’ll all sing along
It’s a half-faith blessing
For the lessons I’ve learned and never deserved
And we’ll all sing along, we’ll all sing along

No comments:

Post a Comment